Tuesday, January 27, 2009

(6) Following the BARTON Branch

I'm following the BARTON branch down the tree. William the patriach with wife Jane. Their three children John born in 1840, Alexander born in 1842 and the youngest Martha, 1847.

Martha, I've tracked through several children and a husband who was a soldier. John, moved to Scotland and married.

It took me a while to find what happened to Alexander. So far I've found a wife, Ellen, but I don't know anything more about her. I also found children - Jane, the youngest, born in Wigan, Lancashire in 1868. Next came Alexander born in 1870 in Maryport, Cumberland. William was born in 1873 in Prudhoe, Northumberland. Then finally Thomas who was also born in Prudhoe in 1874.

I did find a death record for Alexander in 1883, by then he was back in Carlisle. There's more research to be done on this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment